I will come to your primary school or special school or nursery on a normal school day to train your staff to deliver yoga as part of the PE/PSHE Curriculum
Advantages of training in your school
- Teaching and training is geared to the specific needs of your pupil
- More staff can be trained at a lower cost per head.
- There is no time away from school for any staff (or reporting back)
- No travel or hotel costs
- Staff can use the model immediately
- Pupils who do not normally enjoy physical activity will be fully engaged
- Class teachers quickly feel confident and will be inspired to teach this programme
Scheme of WorkFollowing the day I will support over the phone and by email. You will be given a Scheme of Work, which will include lesson plans for each year group for the entire academic year, or in the case of special needs school for each class or ability group, again for the entire academic year.
Yoga for children with Autism, Aspergers Syndrome & Sensory Processing Disorders
I can walk into any situation where there are pupils with Autism - Mainstream or SEN - knowing that I will engage with 93% of the pupils in the yoga lesson. I can do this because I have a system that works - 93% of the time.
The system, which I have developed over many years, is not only highly effective with children on the Autism Spectrum, but also with children who have a wide range of related needs including ADHD, sensory disorders and behavioural problems.
Feedback from Schools
Articles in the Educational Media
Special Children Magazine.
Children's Yoga Books by Michael Chissick
Articles by Michael Chissick
Yoga for Children with Autism - A Piece of Cake!